Friday, March 6, 2009

wedding day!

February 6th, 2009 was the most perfect day. Of course I was a little bit nervous, but it really was the most perfect day. It was raining as we were driving up to the temple, and I was nervous for pictures after the ceremony, but the rain let up and the lighting was absolutely perfect. The day was cold (it was February) but I had furry boots and a warm winter cape, like Bell on Beauty and the Beast (except white!) and I was perfectly warm. Did I tell you it was the most perfect day? After the ceremony and pictures we went out to eat with my parents at Mad Greek... yum! We headed down for the reception and again, it was set up perfect. Beautiful colors, which I picked out, with yummy ice cream for the guests and our little cake set up on display. Right at 6:00 the people literally began pouring in, and never stopped till 8:30ish. It was a party! We were so lucky to have so many people support us.
Cutting the cake was a blast, and oh-so-messy! And when I threw the bouquet, I launched it! there was a group of girls waiting to catch my flowers..and I threw it over all of them, and I have tall friends... and my youngest sister was hiding in the back...happened to be in the right place as it landed in her hands! A little embarrassed, she shoved the flowers into my other sister's hands.
At the end of the reception I was able to dance with my dad. Of course I cried, I'm a total Daddy's girl. We danced to the song Butterfly Kisses as I hugged my daddy and got his tux wet with my tears. The next song I danced with my husband. I also danced with Allan, one of the groomsman and my brother. What a perfect night!! I can't tell you how much of a dream it really was.
My mom and Josh's mom worked so hard and were probably exhausted by the end of the night... and I can't thank them enough for the most perfect day and weekend I've ever had. I felt like a princess... and I think that is exactly how you're supposed to feel on your wedding day.
Today is our one month anniversary and I'm at school while Josh is working. We wish we could do something to celebrate, but getting married in the middle of the semester makes it kind of rough. We love it though. Thanks everyone for helping us start out our new life together...for making our wedding day the most wonderful perfect day ever!

No comments: